Why Support Crealdé School of Art?
Crealdé School of Art is a community-based nonprofit visual arts organization situated in a lush tropical setting in Winter Park, Florida. Its programs positively impact more than 100,000 Central Floridians and visitors annually. Only 60 percent of Crealdé’s operating income comes from tuition; the other 40 percent is contributed through individual gifts and memberships as well as grants. When you become a Crealdé member, you invest in the community and you help Crealdé live its mission, founded on the values that the arts are for everyone, and that everyone has a story worth telling and something creative to contribute, making a positive impact on the world around us.
Affordable Classes and Workshops in the Visual Arts
Crealdé offers more than 125 different classes for adults and youth, from beginner to professional, in a nurturing environment free from the limitations and formality of grades and degree programs. Five 8-week class sessions are taught annually by a faculty of more than 45 professional artists in painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, digital and film photography, fiber arts, jewelry and glass. In addition, weekend and one-day workshops are offered in all disciplines by faculty and visiting artists. A limited number of classes also are offered at the Jessie Brock Community Center in Winter Garden.
Access to Art Education
Since the late 1990s, Crealdé has provided free weekly art classes for youth in economically challenged communities in south Apopka, west Winter Garden and west Winter Park. Crealdé serves the senior community through free weekly classes at the Hannibal Square Heritage Center and collaborations with area social service organizations. Crealdé also offers free children’s art workshops at local events and festivals.
In 1988, Crealdé established the Alice M. Jenkins Scholarship Fund in memory of our founder’s wife to provide assistance to families who face financial hardship. Funded by individual donations and foundation grants, scholarships allow young students and seniors ages 60 and older to participate in Crealdé programs, including Summer ArtCamp. The Visiting Artist Scholarship enables two area college students to attend Crealdé workshops with guest artists at no charge. The Cheryl Bogdanowitsch Sculpture Scholarship provides an annual $1,000 scholarship for classes, workshops and studio use to an adult sculpture student.
Nurturing Emerging Professional Artists
Since its founding, Crealdé has enabled emerging adult artists to be mentored in a professional studio environment through the distinctive Fellowship Program and the Studio Artist Program. Crealdé invests in tuition waivers for these emerging artists in exchange for work hours toward studio maintenance, administrative support, and assistance with children’s classes and special events.
Building Community Through Public Art Projects
Since 1996, Crealdé has helped build a sense of community through public art projects designed to engage and connect diverse residents while visually documenting life and history in Central Florida. Projects include murals, sculptures and photographic documentaries. Since 1998, Crealdé has produced several photography documentary projects that are now traveling exhibits, available to partnering cultural organizations throughout the state, including 17 Storytellers Teen Documentary Photography Program projects and The Last Harvest: A History and Tribute to the Life and Work of the Farmworkers on Lake Apopka.
Access for All to Quality Visual Art Exhibitions
Crealdé presents high-quality visual art exhibitions in the Alice & William Jenkins Gallery, the Showalter Hughes Community Gallery and the Hannibal Square Heritage Center, featuring work by local, national and international artists in addition to the lakeside Contemporary Sculpture Garden. Admission to all exhibitions and events is always free of charge.
Innovative & Award-Winning Hannibal Square Heritage Center
In keeping with Crealdé’s mission to foster an appreciation for diversity and preserve our cultural heritage through the arts, Crealdé founded the Hannibal Square Heritage Center in 2007, in partnership with the City of Winter Park Community Redevelopment Agency, to pay tribute to the city’s historic African-American community of Hannibal Square. The Heritage Center continues to garner national media attention and critical accolades for its permanent collection of documentary photographs, oral histories and public art. The center permanently preserves and shares the history of this rapidly changing neighborhood through the stories of its residents and former residents.
SIGN UP through our main office or CLICK HERE to join online!
CALL US at 407.671.1886 for personal service!